Yep, I’m back on the SCD wagon. If you want to know the gory details, you can check out My Health Project page, which I just updated.
I also updated my Blogroll (see right sidebar) because I need the handy links to those awesome SCD bloggers out there. They are making a world of difference this time around on the SCD, lemme tell you. Thank you!!!! And, bonus, a couple are from Canada and they just had their Thanksgiving! More recipes for me and The Man to choose from this year. Woohoo!
Some things I’m noticing this time on the SCD that I don’t want to forget, in the form of a pep talk to myself:
- Ritualize your food. Skip bagged tea. Go for the full brewing of herbs and teas and draw out the process as long as possible. Playing with food is fun for you and keeps you interested in it. Otherwise, you go buggy and get all angry about “having” to do the SCD.
- There is just a ton-load more interest and information about the SCD out there. Go out and read it when you feel down. Use your updated Blogroll, sweetie.
- Do the yogurt. Could be another interesting, useful, and fun food ritual. Perhaps first need a break from dairy altogether, however.
- Mind your attitude. You know you are your own worst enemy. Work on that. Embrace the change. You’re gonna get healthier. It feels good to have something to try that is natural and easy (okay, relatively easy, and beats prednisone).
- Do your yoga and other self-care activities. Must do this! You are so bad at this. Must improve.
Okay, that’s it. I’m sure I’ll think of more, but that’s a good start. Wish me luck!