Let’s see…the Super Bowl is coming up. Another excuse for me to do some cooking. This year, I’m thinking a smorgasboard of dips would be fun. Dips and football just go together, so why not go crazy with it? Oh, and fried things. Of course!
Here’s what I’ve got so far:
- The NYT ran these two great cheese dips that look awesome, here and here
- The black-eyed pea patties that I’m still obsessed with, including their red pepper-habanero dip
- Some kind of crab dip
- My flax crackers standby (these are really, really good gluten-free crackers, by the way, with TONS of fiber)
- Veggie platter
- Homemade potato or beet chips if I get ambitious
- A “dip”-style dessert, like say, chocolate or butterscotch pot de creme
In the meantime, I’m hosting a little Danish cooking party at my house this morning. We’re making sausage (medisterpoelse), snow pudding, and ableskivver. Rather, I should say, my guests are making these things! I’m just going to make some scrambled eggs. Mmm!