Several years ago my sister made this awesome fruit dip out of marshmallow cream and cream cheese. I think it was one of those recipes that was all the rage then, like Seven-Layer Bars and the alleged Mrs. Fields chocolate-chip cookie recipe. In any case, I remember loving this fruit dip, but for some reason I never made it for myself. Alas, the opportunity presented itself last week.
On Friday night we had our after-holiday party at work and I teamed up with a coworker to bring a dessert to the potluck. He made the fruit plate; I made the fruit dip. The leftovers are now sitting in my fridge waiting to be eaten by The Man.
Every time I open the fridge I gaze at the bowl longingly, as if it’s some old friend that I can’t talk to anymore because we had a fight about something I can’t even remember now. Yeah, it feels something like that.
Fluff Fruit Dip
7-8 oz marshmallow cream
8 oz package of cream cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla
- Leave the cream cheese out or microwave it to room temp.
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor, scraping down the sides of the bowl between pulsing until well blended.
- Serve at room temp with a fruit plate.
- Stare longingly at the leftovers as if they are a long lost friend.
- Hope that you two will be able to work it out someday and be friends once again.