Green tea is definitely one of my favorite ice cream flavors. I had a real hankering for it a few weeks ago and got all sad and pissy about how I couldn’t have it anymore. That lasted about thirty seconds, which is the time it took me to think that maybe I could make it myself. So I gave it a shot. It is so flippin’ easy, even my dog could make it.
Dog-easy Green Tea Ice Cream (vegan and GF)
1 can coconut milk
8 green tea bags
1/3 c agave syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- Bring the coconut milk to a simmer on your stovetop.
- Turn down the heat and add the sweetener. Stir until dissolved.
- Add the green tea bags and cook on low heat for ten minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon and gently pressing the tea bags every minute or so.
- Turn off the heat and let the bags steep for twenty minutes, nudging them every now and then with your spoon.
- Process in your ice cream maker.
Here’s how happy this ice cream makes my dog, Pickle: