I have this problem with vegan food, which is that it often sucks. I’m sorry, people…shoot me and my blog, but that’s been my experience. And by all means, please send me vegan recipes that don’t suck and that I’m also not totally allergic to (hello, soy!)
I’ve been making these really awesome (vegan) popsicles with coconut milk lately. Here’s the basic recipe:
MJ’s Tasty Popsicle (GF & vegan)
1 can of coconut milk
1/2 c powdered sugar
- Mix these two ingredients together and pour into your popsicle-making apparatus. This will make about 5 popsicles, depending on your apparatus.
Here are some variations:
- For coconut popsicles, add 1 c shredded coconut. Try it toasted, too. Mmmm.
- For any kind of fruit popsicles, add 1 c sugared-fruit.
- For cinnamon popsicles, , add 2 tsp cinnamon (these are my current favorite).
Next I want to try:
- Walnut and/or rum raisin
- Earl Grey (soak the tea bags in warm coconut milk)
- Bacon and goat cheese (this is the non-vegan version)
- Making these without sugar. I have no idea what the freezing properties of agave syrup are, but I intend to find out.
Popsicles are incredibly versatile. And because they are so easy (less than two minutes!), I feel like I just can’t go wrong.