So here’ the deal. I got “tagged” by Allergy Mom to be “it”. That means I need to write six things about myself on my blog and then let you know about some other bloggers that I “tag”. It’s like a chain letter, except that it’s fun.
Here’s the rules:
Link to the person who tagged you.
Post the rules on the blog.
Write six random things about yourself.
Tag six people at the end of your post.
Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
I’m going to modify the rules a little, since that is my nature. Instead of writing random things about myself, I’ve decided to write things that you might not know from reading my blog. Here goes:
- I used to be a hairdresser. Recently I told a group of newer friends this fact and their reaction was general astonishment. Apparently, I don’t strike them as a hairdresser-type. It must have something to do with the PhD. I kept my cosmetology license current until I moved to Oregon just a few years ago and I still cut The Man’s and my family’s hair (when I feel like it).
- I want to retire as early as humanly possible. This is probably everyone’s dream, but I take it very seriously. It’s not that I hate working, but I feel like I have so many other things that I’d rather do instead, like learn to play the guitar, sing in an all-female choral group, learn to speak French and Mandarin, and live in a foreign country.
- I really miss croissants. This is my single-most longed for food since my food-freakiness began. I often have dreams I’m in a bakery and eating all kinds of stuff I can’t eat and thinking, Oh my god, why am I eating this?
- I am an avid swimmer though I didn’t learn to swim until I was 25 and living in San Diego. I used to kickboard for an hour and watch other people swim and eavesdrop on the kids’ lessons before I figured out how to swim properly. Then I swam almost obsessively throughout grad school (major stress-buster). I’ve had to cool it the past several years due to The Rash and working full-time.
- I have no tattoos though pretty much everyone my age and ilk seems to have at least 73 of them.
- I have never really liked beer. I’m pretty grateful for this since I hear plenty of other celiacs lamenting their no-beer status.
Now I get to tag 6 other bloggers. Once again, I must modify the rules because I don’t even know 6 other bloggers (hey, I’m still pretty new to this). So I tag:
- My good friend and great writer, Mary at Traveling Storywriter.
- M-Elle at Cooking & UNcooking, who is simply encyclopedic in her knowledge of other food blogs.
- I would have chosen Allergy Mom here.
- Crap, I really don’t know any other bloggers. If you’d like to volunteer yourself, please do because I’d love to meet you and your blog.
Thanks for reading my tag. I feel so much closer to you all now.